Changes in Altitude
Changes in Altitude
Getaway to Townsend, Tennessee for a fabulous family vacation rental!
Getaway to Townsend, Tennessee! Changes in Altitude is an Executive and Family Retreat and part of the Dancing Bear Lodge and Appalachian Bistro family. This gorgeous property is available to book exclusively through the Dancing Bear Lodge Sales Ofﬁce by calling 865-448-6000. If you’re looking for a relaxing getaway, Townsend, Tennessee is the ideal destination for you! Locally known as “The Peaceful Side of the Smokies”, this charming town boasts immense natural beauty, a friendly atmosphere, and an abundance of outdoor activities.
Come experience the best of Townsend from this phenomenal custom mountain home, “Changes in Altitude”! This getaway for Executive and Family Retreats is approximately 4 miles from Townsend and Dancing Bear Lodge, 6 miles from the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, 25 miles from Gatlinburg, 18 miles from Pigeon Forge, the shopper’s haven of East Tennessee, and only 30 minutes from the Knoxville airport (TYS). “Changes in Altitude” is a custom mountain home consisting of 4 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms, all nestled on 22 wooded private acres looking directly into the beautiful Smoky Mountains National Park. As soon as you drive through the electric gate at the base of the mountain, you’ll fall in love during the 1.25 mile climb up the asphalt paved driveway towards the luxurious mountain escape.
With ﬂoor-to-ceiling windows, gorgeous hardwood ﬂoors, and tasteful decor throughout the 4200 square feet of beautifully appointed living space, you’ll ﬁnd everything you need to feel as comfortable as humanly possible, including:
- Master Bedroom: (upstairs) King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2 (Upstairs next to kitchen): Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3 (downstairs): Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 4 (downstairs): 2 Twin-sized Beds
- Queen /sleeper sofa downstairs
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dining area (seats 8 comfortably) & bar area (seats 4 more), adjacent to the dining room
- Wireless satellite internet access
- Stacked washer and dryer
- DirecTV with premium channels
- Two stacked stone, real wood ﬁreplaces (wood provided – seasonal usage)
- 6 person hot tub
- Antique pool table
- Multiple decks with gorgeous views
- Whole house music system with 14 speakers throughout both ﬂoors and both outside decks
Additional Key Features include:
– Prime location! The Smoky Mountains National Park is 6 miles away. Wild Laurel Golf Course is just 5 minutes down the hill. Shopping and dining are located at the Apple Valley Mountain Village on Hwy 321. If you prefer the the hustle and bustle of Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg, they are very close, but worlds away! – about 30 minutes depending on trafﬁc. Guests at Changes in Altitude have the option to hire Dancing Bear’s private chef. Prices start at $125/person with a 4 person minimum (taxes and gratuities to be added). Custom menu provided by the Chef after client consultation.
Families and Corporate Guests alike will enjoy:
The home’s 4 lovely bedrooms, each with a private bath, serve as tranquil retreats complete with private decks where you can enjoy stunning views of Mount LeConte, Thunderhead Mountain, and Rich Mountain. Impressive private bathrooms extend off all 4 bedrooms, featuring granite countertops, tile ﬂoors, and tub showers. The upstairs master bedroom features a fabulous outdoor shower with tranquil views into the trees. After a memorable day in the great outdoors, or after a day of Corporate meetings, prepare a delicious home-cooked meal in the fully equipped kitchen, or inquire about our private chef (from Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro) to custom prepare a fabulous meal in your kitchen 5-8pm EST, 7 days a week). Our private chef starts at $500 for a party of 4, inclusive of all food, excluding taxes, gratuity and alcohol. Later, perhaps settle down with a good book in a chair on one of the two screened in porches, enjoy the stars on one of the two outside decks, or soak in the soothing comfort of the upstairs hot tub. For corporate guests, meet at our Lodge during the day, and continue the discussions during the night in the privacy of this lovely mountain retreat. This is complete privacy at its best! No neighbors in sight! On cool nights, we provide plenty of ﬁrewood to enjoy the crackling sounds of a warm ﬁre in the main great room. Families (16 years old +)may enjoy a movie or sports on the ﬂat screen TV. This is Townsend and the Great Smoky Mountains at its best! You certainly won’t have to venture far from this property to enjoy exceptional outdoor recreation and easy mountain access!
Golf enthusiasts will be delighted by a game of 18 holes at the breathtaking Wild Laurel Golf Course, a short 5-minute drive from the house. For a day of outdoor adventure, head out on a drive to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, where you can hike and bike through the pristine Cades Cove loop and spectacular Abrams Falls trail, or the many trails throughout the park. During the summer, you’ll love spending time on the river, ﬁshing for trout, or tubing with our friends at River Rats. For more
“tourist” attractions, head to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg
(approximately 30-45 minutes away) for mountain roller coasters, go-carts, Dollywood, and more! Be sure to save some time for shopping and browsing at Apple Valley Mountain Village, or have a casual lunch at Apple Valley Cafe in Townsend. You will receive 10% off at Apple Valley Cafe as a guest of Dancing Bear. Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro is the area’s best restaurant as evidenced by the rankings in TripAdvisor! Please make reservations for dinner in advance on OpenTable or by calling 865-336-2138. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time during your stay in Townsend, you’re bound to have a once-in-a-lifetime getaway at this incredible vacation/ corporate retreat home!
- No smoking anywhere on the premises. A $400 ﬁne will be imposed if this policy is violated.
- No pets allowed
- No parties or large gatherings
- No children under the age of 16
- Must be at least 25 years old to book this house
- 4 GB of free Wiﬁ is included! If you need/want more, it’s $10/per GB due to satellite charges from 3rd party vendor.
- Premium Movie Channels provided at no charge. Rentals/ On Demand movies via Direct TV charged at a cost of $19.95 per movie. Pay Per View sporting events billed at cost plus $25.
This gorgeous property is available to book exclusively through the Dancing Bear Lodge Sales Ofﬁce by calling 1-865-448-6000.