Some places are meant for isolation and Dancing Bear is your solace! We welcome your upcoming visit!
Dancing Bear Lodge and Appalachian Bistro is a novelty in lodging properties amongst this Corona Virus world which necessitates a bit of change in how we conduct business while still offering rustic comfortable accommodations and world class dining. With stand alone cabins, "Zero Touch" check in, and a very unique approach to dining, Dancing Bear can help you relish your distance! Let us explain how we differ and why we are still open and inviting guests to come see us!
It is our sincere hope that you will still feel comfortable visiting, as we welcome you to view Dancing Bear as an oasis in the feeling of distance in your urban life.
Here’s what makes us stand apart and what makes our accommodations a welcome respite:
1. Our lodge is situated amongst 38 expansive acres. We are not a high rise hotel with elevators and there is no congregating area at check in.
2. We have instituted virtual check in, so there is no need to come into contact with anyone before accessing your accommodations.
3. Each accommodation is accessible via “Drive to your Door” as you are assured of “bee-lining: to your door, quickly, efficiently, and with zero contact.
4. Our housekeeping staff is trained in the latest sanitation methods particularly concentration on hard surfaces. Nevertheless, always back your sanitizer!
5. Our Bistro is still open while following the latest mandates … Currently, we are implementing a very unique “Window or Take Away Service” our our on our popular outdoor deck during good weather and inside the Bistro during inclement weather. Guests can then choose to enjoy a dinner on our deck, or on our Landing, our Event Lawn, or in their cabins. All meals will be served in take away containers. We will also have a walk up bar with wine or spirits available and bottled wine for purchase. Tables will be arranged appropriately. We will open up inside dining when the allowed.
As for our nightly S'mores by the fire pit --we have implemented a single serve, pre-packaged ingredients and single-use roasting sticks for added precaution. The fire pit must be limited to under 10 people until such time as that restriction is removed.
Our entire team has completed an advanced handwashing and sanitation class, and allfront and back of house employees are being temperature scanned upon arrival for their shift.
We can't thank you enough for supporting our small business during this unprecedented time. We look forward to welcoming you to our property Thursday, March 26, 2020.
If you have any further questions about your upcoming stay, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 865-448-6000.
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒓 & 𝑨𝒑𝒑𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝑩𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚
Effective immediately, we have instituted a Virtual Check-In.
Your confirmation letter will also include the name of your cabin, and a map to its location.
Upon arrival, simply follow the property signs to your clearly marked accommodation.
You will find your accommodation unlocked and a key packet waiting for you.
The key packet includes important information, such as WiFi code, property map, and registration information.
If you have any questions before or during your stay, feel free to call 865.448.6000.
The Dancing Bear Family
Although Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro is located in a rural, peaceful and Eden-Like environment, We are still closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments. The well-being of our guests and associates is of the utmost importance!
We routinely uphold our company’s standards for hygiene and cleanliness. Our team takes these additional steps to thoroughly sanitize surfaces and promote the safest environment possible for our guests and associates:
On a daily basis, our team works diligently to make sure that our Property, including our accommodations and Bistro areas meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning.
Our Properties measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from hand-washing, hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning.
Specific steps Dancing Bear Lodge is taking include:
During this time when so many travelers have had to make major adjustments in their travel plans, we have updated our cancelation policy to help out our friends and neighbors.
For reservations that are greater than 30 days from the day of cancellation, the guest will receive a full refund to the card that was charged.
Due to the current situation, we are waiving cancellation fees. For reservations cancelled less than 30 days of arrival, the guest will receive 100% credit on a gift card.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult and unprecedented time.
The Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro Family