September 19th, 2020 Tickets are $60 The 2020 flyer:Dancing Bear Bicycle Bash 2020 The Dancing Bear Bike Bash returns in 2020 with 3 great rides to choose from and our famous post-ride outdoor lunch and complimentary beer! The Bicycle Bash is scheduled for Saturday, September 19, 2020! Our ride will benefit the Bike Elf, with a portion of your registration fee being donated to fund the restoration of used bicycles that are earned and then given to local youths who may not have otherwise had the means of owning. Learn more about the Bike Elf’s great cause here.
DANCING BEAR BICYCLE SHIRT ADD-ON:
THE RIDESStart line address: 7140 E Lamar Alexander Parkway, Townsend, TN 37882 28 Miles — All Riders , This is a nice 28 mile loop up old Walland Highway, back down to Tuckaleechee Cove Rode and up a hill back by Old Cades Cove Road. Back to Dancing Bear for a fabulous lunch and craft beer! See Route Map 37 Miles — All Riders, This is a beautiful ride starting out Old Walland Highway then turning out towards Bethlehem. Return to Dancing Bear for a fabulous lunch & craft beer! See Route Map 59 Miles — A great ride up Old Walland Highway to Dupont and back. See Route Map
- Blount County Partnership: The Blount County Partnership, presenting sponsor for this event, is a cooperative effort between the Blount County Chamber of Commerce, Chamber Foundation, Economic Development Board and the Smoky Mountain Tourism Development Authority.
- Hosting the event are the Dancing Bear Lodge, The Dancing Bean, and Apple Valley Mountain Village. A gourmet lunch and craft beer will be serve post-ride at 11am by Chef Shelley and her team from the Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro.
- Cycology Bicycles is a full-service bike shop located in Maryville Tennessee. Cycology offers service, rentals and close-outs.
- Bike Elf provides donated bicycles to children and young adults who earn them. The recipients earned the bikes through active participation in programs with partner organizations like the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley, Wesley House Community Center, and the Boys & Girls Club Smoky Mountains.
- 2020 Bike Bash Socks
- Post ride gourmet lunch and craft beer, served by the Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro
- Full ride support
- Ride day bike ride ambassadors
- A rolling SAG vehicle provided by the Blount County emergency corps
- Pre-ride bike checks by Cycology Bikes
- $20 Gift Certificate for use at the Mountain Store at Apple Valley Mountain Village. Shop great brands like North Face, Mountain HardWear, and Southern Tide. (Receive 25% off any order of $100, or more.)
- $20 Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro credit. (Credit must be used by 12/31/19)
- $5 coupon towards any purchase at The Dancing Bean Coffee House
ACCOMMODATIONSAccommodations are available through Dancing Bear Lodge, and feature Rustic Cabins with hot tubs and fireplace, (some with kitchens, all with refrigerators.) book your stay
VIP CYCLIST PACKAGE – BIKE BASH 2020Our VIP package includes the Bike Bash 2020 Registration fee, two nights of luxury accommodations, family-style dinner Friday night, and a group ride with Dancing Bear owners Mark and Sharon Oldham. This exclusive package is limited to just 10 riders. Deadline is August 25th, 2020 for sign up.
Friday, September 18th
- 2:00pm Early Check-in for VIP guests! Enjoy a Welcome Gift Bag!
- 5:00pm Enjoy a “Welcome to Dancing Bear” late- afternoon ride with the Sharon and Mark Oldham, avid cyclists and owners of the Dancing Bear Lodge and avid cyclists. (Welcome ride is approx. 15mi and is expect at around one hour ride time.)
- 7:30pm Dinner under the stars with the VIP group at the Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro. A family style meal with complimentary wine will be served.
Saturday, September 19th
- 7:30-8:30am Breakfast Provided
- 9:00am Bike Bash starts at bottom of the Dancing Bear hill——Choose your route of 27, 37, of 59 fully supported ride
- 11:00am-2:00pm Enjoy our Chef’s Famous Post Ride Gourmet lunch with complimentary beer, and swag bag
- Free afternoon for hiking or relaxing
- Enjoy dinner on your own at the Appalachian Bistro, or another local restaurant of your choosing.
Sunday, September 20th
- 8:00am-10:00am Breakfast Provided
- 12:00pm Enjoy a VIP Late checkout!