2nd Annual Health & Wellness Weekend
If you are looking for an opportunity to disconnect from your daily routine and reconnect with yourself mentally and physically, join us for our 2nd annual Health & Wellness Weekend, April 21 – 23 with Health Coach Penny! Give your mind, body, and spirit the rejuvenation that it deserves, with a gorgeous backdrop provided by the Great Smoky Mountains and Dancing Bear Lodge. Call 1.800.369.0111 ext. 3 to make your reservation today.
Highlights for the 2017 Weekend (full weekend schedule below):
- Wellness discussions with Penny McIntosh
- Guided fitness activities led by Penny McIntosh
- Guided yoga instruction lead by Vanessa Ledbetter
- Delicious, healthy meals and snacks
- Yoga, hiking, music, biking…and MORE
- Leisure time to read, relax, and explore
Whether you plan to attend on your own, or as a couple, there will be activities to please everyone. We look forward to helping you disconnect so that you can reconnect…your mind and body will thank you!
$395 per person* includes all meals, all instructions, 1 hour massage, transportation, all taxes and gratuity.
*Alcohol not included at meals. Totals include tax and gratuity for meals and receptions listed above only. Incidental charges (lodging, gift shop, bar and Bistro purchases) are separate.
Accommodations are discounted 10% for participants, with rates starting at $175.00 per cabin, per night (2 night stay minimum required).
To make your reservation, please call 1.800.369.0111 ext. 3. For inquiries, please reach out to us at [email protected]
Friday, April 21st
- Check in to your accommodations any time after 3:30 pm.
- 5:30 pm–Meet at the Outdoor Stage and Event Lawn (or if raining, in the Event Center)
Introductions & Meet Penny McIntosh, your Health Coach / hostess for the weekend.
- 6 pm- 6:45 pm–Guided property hike incorporating natural movements, stretching, and unwinding to set the stage for the weekend.
- 7:30 pm– Opening Reception and Dinner on Patio (weather permitting)
Vegetarian options available all weekend.
Saturday, April 22nd
- 8 am–Wake up gently with our morning Elixir delivered to your cabin: cold pressed juice, freshly made from organic produce straight from the Dancing Bear Garden. House Made Granola, Greek Yogurt, and Fruit are pre-stocked in each accommodation. Breakfast sandwiches also delivered to you.
- 8:45 am–Meet at the Outdoor Stage for Sunrise Yoga featuring Townsend’s own Vanessa Ledbetter. (60 minutes)
- 10:00 am-11:00 am–Mindfulness Session. (Light Meditation) in the Event Center with Dr. Cliff Tennison, MD.
- 11:00 am-12:00 pm–Break
- 12:00 pm-2:30 pm–Guided Hike and Instructional Movements at the Spruce Flats Fall Trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Wear tennis shoes or hiking shoes. We will travel by van and our team will set up lunch in the parking area. Penny will offer instructional guidance and will use natural resources to provide exercise stations. Option to walk the Townsend Trail back to Dancing Bear for a 2 or 4 mile return.
- 3:00 pm-6:00 pm–Return to Dancing Bear for an In-Cabin afternoon massage. Take A nap. Read your book. Relax…
- 6:00 pm-7:00 pm–Wine Reception and Healthy Conversations with Health Coach Penny (location TBD)
- 7:15 pm–Dinner on the Deck under the stars (weather permitting).
Fire and S’mores afterward ‘round the Fire-pit.
Sunday, April 23rd
- 8:00 am–Breakfast (location TBD)
- 9:30 am–Meet at Event Center for A Mindfulness Reminder Checkup with Dr. Cliff Tennison, MD.
- 10:00 am-11:30 am–Wrap up the weekend with the Grand Finale, our special “Massage and Yin Yoga” 90-minute session with renowned guru Heather Lindsay. This is a self-massage and Yin Yoga class that releases tension and soothes sore muscles. Enjoy the sensations of a full body massage using massage balls and mindful yin yoga techniques.