Dancing Bear Bicycle Bash 2019
Online Registration Deadline: Wednesday, Sep 11, 2019 at 5:00 PM EST
The Dancing Bear Bike Bash returns in 2019 with 3 great rides to choose from and our famous post-ride outdoor lunch and complimentary beer! The Bicycle Bash is scheduled for Saturday, September 14, 2019!
Start line address: 7140 E Lamar Alexander Parkway, Townsend, TN 37882
28 Miles — All Riders , This is a nice 30 mile loop up old Walland Highway, back down to Tuckaleechee Cove Rode and up a hill back by Old Cades Cove Road. Back to Dancing Bear for a fabulous lunch and craft beer! See Route Map
37 Miles — All Riders, This is a beautiful ride starting out Old Walland Highway then turning out towards Bethlehem. Return to Dancing Bear for a fabulous lunch & craft beer! See Route Map
59 Miles — A great ride up Old Walland Highway to Dupont and back. See Route Map
The 28-mile route loops up Old Walland Highway, back down to Tuckaleechee Cove Road and up a hill back by Old Cades Cove Road while the 37 and 59-mile routes continue on to tour Bethlehem and the Dripping Springs Dupont communities then circle back to Old Walland Highway for the return trip to Dancing Bear.
- Blount County Partnership: The Blount County Partnership, presenting sponsor for this event, is a cooperative effort between the Blount County Chamber of Commerce, Chamber Foundation, Economic Development Board and the Smoky Mountain Tourism Development Authority.
- Hosting the event are the Dancing Bear Lodge, The Dancing Bean, and Apple Valley Mountain Village. A gourmet lunch and craft beer will be serve post-ride at 11am by Chef Shelley and her team from the Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro.
Register before 5 pm EST on Wed, September 11th
- 2019 Bike Bash T-shirt
- Post ride gourmet lunch and craft beer, served by the Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro
- Full ride support
- Ride day bike ride ambassadors
- A rolling SAG vehicle provided by the Blount County emergency corps
- Pre-ride bike checks by Cycology Bikes
- $25 Gift Certificate for use at the Mountain Store at Apple Valley Mountain Village. Shop great brands like Northface, Mountain HardWear, and Southern Tide. (Receive $25 off any order of $100, or more.)
- $20 Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro credit. (Credit must be used by 12/31/19)
Please note: There will be four rest stops throughout this year's ride
Accommodations feature Rustic Cabins with hot tubs and fireplaces, some with kitchens, all with refrigerators.