Dancing Bear Lodge Reservation Policies
We hope you enjoy your stay at Dancing Bear. This page details some of our policies and the most frequently asked questions from guests. If you have a question and do not see the information here, please ask. We may accommodate special requests on a case-by-case basis with management approval.
1. Guests must be 25 or over to book the reservation with a valid form of ID.
2. Deposits are due the day of reservation and the balance paid 30 days prior to arrival. If the reservation is made within 30 days of arrival, the full balance is due.
3. Cancellations prior to 30 days of arrival are refunded in full to the original form of payment (credit card, check or gift certificate).
4. Cancellations within 30 days are subject to 50.00 administrative fee and the balance is refunded in the form of a gift certificate that does not expire.
5. No call, No show reservations are charged 100% with no refund or gift certificate offered.
6. Dogs are permitted in all free standing cabins, with a 2 dog limit. We do not allow felines due to allergens.
7. Pet fee is 50.00 per stay. Acceptable “Pets” - canines only.
8. Cottage rooms and villas are not pet friendly.
9. There is no pet fee for certified service animals.
10. Discounts offered: Triple A, Military members and AARP receive 10% off the pre tax rate. Corporate groups of 50% occupancy or more enjoy a 5% discount. Full property discounts for large groups are based on occupancy and negotiated with individual contracts. Seasonal discounts are offered through Living Social and Constant Contact. Offers and discounts cannot be combined.
11. Additional guest charge: cabins are rated for two guest occupancy. Additional guests are 15.00 per person per night plus tax. Maximum of 4 adult guests per cabin, or two adults, three children in two bedroom lofts with couch.
12. Roll away beds are available for 10.00 per night per roll away
13. Portable cribs are available at no charge
14. Grill rentals – charcoal style, including lighter fluid, briquettes, and utensils - are available for 20.00 per use.
15. Bicycles and Hammocks are available seasonally. Please enjoy them at your own risk. We require all guests who use bicycles to sign a waiver, and agree not to transport the cycles by vehicle away from the property.
16. Hiking trails are open year-round for our guests. Please enjoy them at your own risk.
17. Parking is complimentary, and guests with oversized vehicles are encouraged to park at the Appalachian Bistro main lot. Buses, campers, trailers and commercial vehicles may be parked at no charge in the Apple Valley Country Store parking lot.
*In the case of a large wedding or group function, a shuttle may be required to accommodate guest parking their personal vehicles at Apple Valley. Shuttles are rented at the cost of the contract holder.
18. WIFI and cable tv are complimentary services. Due to technical difficulties and weather, the services can be interrupted from time to time. No discounts are offered for interrupted service on complimentary amenities.
19. Linens, towels, coffee makers, hair dryers, robes, clocks, all dishes and kitchenware, artwork, coffee table books and decor are included with each cabin reservation. These items are inventoried by housekeeping and missing items after a check out will be charged to the guest for their replacement values.
20. Smoking is prohibited in all cabins. Smoke damage ( smell, burns or otherwise) will result in a minimum fee of 200.00 for deep cleaning.
21. Event room rates: Weddings and galas – 1200.00 and up per day 10am –midnight
Dinner functions – 500.00 and up per event 4pm -11pm
Meeting space - 500.00 per day 8am – 6pm
Non profits – Set up fee only (with 501C status)
Set up fee – 350.00 per event – Cost applies to labor for set up, including tables, chairs, linens, AV set equipment and is attached to each event room reservation.
22. Event Lawn Rates: Weddings, with up to 50 chairs 1200.00 and up.
Private events, (space only) 750.00
Gazebo only – 350.00
Additional chairs are 5.00 each. Premium rental chairs range from 7.00 -12.00 each
23. Patio / Firepit reservation rates – for exclusive use, during restaurant hours of operation: 350.00 each, per evening.
The Landing is available for a starting fee of 500.00. Cabin guests may rent this space for day time functions (11am - 4pm) for a reduced rate of 350.00. Set up fees apply.
24. Covered Deck – Available seasonally at a nominal charge of 200.00 for parties of 10-20 during restaurant hours of operation.
25. Group Discounts:
Corporate groups receive 5% off a partial property reservation, and 10% off with a full property reservation based on seasonal weekday rates.
Full property private reservations enjoy a 25% discount for weekday use of the event space for private dining or gatherings. The standard set up fee applies. There is no discount for partial property reservations or private functions held on weekends.
26.A 3% processing fee is applied to all credit card charges greater than 1,000.00. There is no fee to process payment by check.
Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro Policies
1. Prefix menus for groups of 12 or more. Menu selection submissions 7 days prior to event when possible. Within 3 days, menus are subject to availability.
2.Gratuity is automatic for parties of 12 or more at the rate of 20%
3.Group dining is available for Breakfast and lunch with parties of 20 or more, and a minimum 35.00 per person, per meal budget.
4.Group dining is available for parties of 12 to 100.
5. Weddings and large parties reserving the Event Center require a minimum 45.00 per person menu selection agreement, excluding alcohol.
6. Alcohol must be purchased through Dancing Bear Lodge. A bar set up fee is charged separate from liquor and mixers.
7. Restaurant hours are 5pm through 9pm. The bar will offer a 'last call' for service at 9:30 pm Sunday through Thursday, and 10:30 pm on Friday and Saturday for private groups only.
8.Extended hours – Staffing for bistro hours beyond 10:30 pm is available at a rate of 125.00 per hour, until 1:00 am. No parties are permitted in the building or at the firepit past 1:00 am.
ROOM BLOCK, NET RATES, & SERVICES
Check-in time is 4:00 pm and Check-out time is 11:00 am.
Reservations will be made by rooming list. The Rooming List must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to scheduled arrival time.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT POLICIES
For Large Groups on one master bill:
Dancing Bear Lodge requires a deposit upon return of the signed contract no later than 1 WEEK FROM DATE OF SIGNING. A deposit in the amount of 2000.00 will hold the reservation and be applied to your account.
50% of the balance is due 90 days before your stay. The remaining balance for food, beverage and lodging will be charged to the card on file 30 days before your stay. We understand that the client will pay for all guest rooms, meeting space, and scheduled meals. All service charges and any additional master billed charges incurred during your stay will be the responsibility of the client or the individual guest, based on the reservation. Final balance will be direct billed 30 days prior to your stay.
Overages ( bar service, additional food, late check outs) will be billed at the close of your event.
For Weddings with Room Blocks:
Dancing Bear Lodge requires a deposit in the amount of 2000.00 upon return of the signed contract, payable by check or credit card.
100% of the wedding package balance is due 60 days prior to the event date, payable by check or credit card.
The remaining balance for food and beverage is due 14 days prior to the event date, along with your final confirmed guest count.
This amount will be processed to the card on file, or can be paid in advance by check.
Room blocks are held for 60 days after contract is signed under the initial deposit.
At that time, any guest rooms not reserved and deposited on will be released from the reservation and no financial responsibility will remain on the part of the contract holder.
Weddings during peak months ( May, September, October, November) require a full property buy out commitment, including all cabins with a two night minimum, and a 10,000 food and beverage commitment for the reception ( tax, gratuity and additional meals do not apply)
Dancing Bear Lodge requires all events to have a valid credit card on file.
Payments made by credit card are subject to a 3% processing fee.
Payments made by check are welcome and the processing fee is waived, provided a secondary card is on file.
If the final payment is not made by check at the close of your event, the balance will be charged to the card on file along with a 3% processing fee.
Because of our small size, cancellations affect us greatly. Therefore, if the group cancels the entire event, the following liquidated damages will apply:
From the time of signed contract to 180 days prior to arrival will result in forfeiture of 50% of received deposit.
179-60 days prior to the group’s arrival will result in forfeiture of 100% of initial deposit received.
59 days or less prior to the group’s arrival will result in forfeiture of 100% of the entire deposit amount.
Room block may be reduced by up to 10% without penalty 30 days prior to arrival.
Payment in full will be due for any rooms dropped from the block less than 30 days prior to arrival.
Hotel Rates include:
Deluxe Continental Breakfast
Deluxe, individually designed and decorated guest cabins with feather topped beds and premium amenities.
Complimentary Wi-Fi and cable television.
Additional charges will apply for food and beverage; break items, audio-visual, bar set-ups, alcohol, spa services, guided excursions and other special services.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
All Food and Beverage is to be fulfilled by Dancing Bear Lodge. The menus are due no later than 30 days prior to arrival and a final guarantee of the number of guests attending each meal will be required fourteen days prior to arrival. Separate Banquet Event Orders will be sent as part of this contract. There is a 350.00 set-up/clean-up fee for any event space.