We hope you enjoy your stay at Dancing Bear. This page details some of our policies and the most frequently asked questions from guests. If you have a question and do not see the information here, please ask. We may accommodate special requests on a case-by-case basis with management approval.
Check-In and Check-Out
- Cabins are available for new guests at 4 pm. When making reservations for a cabin, you will be sent a welcome letter with the specific check-in information. We have a new office staffed daily in the Apple Valley Complex.
- Guests leaving need to check-out by 11 am on their day of departure.
- Before leaving your cabin, please check to make sure you have unplugged the coffeemaker. Please load dishes in the dishwasher and start it before departing. You can leave dirty towels in a pile in the restroom for our housekeeping crew. Please leave keys on the table and lock the door behind you. If you have rented a bicycle, please return it to Apple Valley before leaving.
- You can reserve your Dancing Bear Cabin by phone (800-369-0111) or via this website (you will be able to check availability for specific dates. Please specify how many adults, teens and children will be staying in your cabin.). You will see the selection of available cabins with an exterior photo and text description, along with the nightly rate. You will be asked to provide a method of payment and confirm your booking before it a cabin is reserved. For more information, call the number above or email us at email@example.com.
- We require a 1 night deposit to be paid at time of booking. The remaining balance will be charged on the same card 30 days before arrival. If reservations are made within 30 days of arrival we require 100% deposit at time of booking. A $50 administrative fee is kept for all cancellations made 30 days in advance of CHECK IN. Sorry, we are unable to issue refunds for any cancellation made within 30 days of reservation and/or early departures. Though we will gladly provide you with a gift certificate in the amount of your booking less the $50.00 administrative fee.
- We accept major credit cards. No personal checks accepted within 30 days prior to arrival. Upon receipt of your deposit, a confirmation will be e-mailed to you.
- If you have incidentals or wish to purchase an Add-On service such as an in-cabin massage, this additional cost will be applied to the credit card on file unless otherwise directed.
Our staff will take care of taking dishes out of the dishwasher and put them back in the cabinets, change linens, etc. For Housekeeping or Maintenance, call 800-369-0111 ext 4. For after hours issues, please call 800-369-0111 ext 5. Please put the “Do Not Disturb” sign on your door if you wish to not be visited by housekeeping during your stay.
What to Expect In Your Cabin
Dancing Bear will provide ample towels, firewood, a hairdryer, iron and ironing board, fresh linens, toiletries, etc. to all cabins. All of our cabins contain at least a small refrigerator and microwave oven, some cabins offer a larger kitchen (see cabin descriptions for more information). Your cabin is stocked with fresh ground, locally roasted coffee and assorted hot teas.
Our Continental Breakfast is available at the Apple Valley Café between 8-11 am, 7 days a week. Guests can show their room key and enjoy the (greek yogurt, house made granola, fresh fruit, juice, and coffee) in the cafe. Otherwise, they can receive a 10% discount off of any hot breakfast item.
Each cabin contains a high definition cabin television and Complimentary WiFi. There is no landline telephone in cabins.
A Rollaway Bed is available in Cabins without a Sofa Sleeper for an additional $10 charge. The maximum occupancy allowed in our 2 Bedroom Cabins is five (5) persons.
- Dancing Bear allows up to four (4) well-behaved dogs of any size per guest cabin with an additional charge of $50 per stay.
- When the dog is outside of the cabin, it must be on a leash and controlled. Unless it is a service animal, no pets are allowed in the restaurant, lodge or fitness center.
- If you leave your pet in your cabin unattended during the stay, it must be secured in a crate or else the “Do Not Disturb” Sign placed on the door for the protection of the housekeeping staff and to prevent escape.
- Please clean up after your animal when using our trails.
- Damage caused to any cabins by an unattended pet could result in an additional $250 fee.
Grills are available for use outside cabins for an additional $20 charge. This includes the charcoal and utensils.
Firewood is provided for each cabin at no additional charge. Guests will find the Damper closed upon arrival and needing to be manually opened before using a fireplace. Our fireplaces are generally not used between April 1st-Sept. 1st but we are flexible depending on the weather conditions at the start and ending of the warmer months.
Enter at your own risk. We are not responsible for any jewelry or clothing damage if worn in a hot tub or Jacuzzi.
Guests must shower before entering the hot tub. Body lotions, perfumes, and oils can interact with the hot tub chemicals and cause an allergic rash.
DO NOT add soap, bubbles, oils, or lotions to the hot tub. These items can damage the hot tub components and will negate the effectiveness of the bromine tablets. Violators of this policy will incur an additional cleaning fee of $100 charged to their credit card.
DO NOT stand on hot tub cover, top, or sides. They are not designed to withstand any additional weight and damage to the hot tub can result. If the hot tub is damaged during your stay due to negligence, your credit card will be charged for the full amount of the repair cost.
Add-on services you seek to book during your stay at Dancing Bear is contingent upon availability of the third-party professionals providing these services at that time.
Our Fitness Center is available to Dancing Bear guests during your stay. For insurance purposes, only guests staying in a cabin are permitted to use the Fitness Center facilities. Assess instructions are sent to you in your welcome letter after making your reservation.
- Exercise at your own risk.
- Children 18 and under are not allowed to use the fitness centers at any time.
- Weightlifters are encouraged to work out with a partner and to use weight collars.
- Appropriate exercise attire is required. T-shirts must be worn.
- Sandals are not allowed.
- Drugs, alcoholic beverages and tobacco products are strictly prohibited.
Please check to make sure you have everything you brought when leaving us. Dancing Bear is not liable for loss of any valuables. If you request us to pick items up and mail to you, they may be sent COD or charged to the form of payment on record.
Smoking is prohibited inside Dancing Bear cabins. There is an additional $100 charge per day for smoking in a cabin to cover extensive cleaning.
Each Dancing Bear Cabin has its own dedicated equipment. Please see your network and password on your refrigerator door or on your TV cabinet.
Renters must be at least 21 years of age to reserve and check-in.
Bicycle Rentals are available at the Apple Valley Country Stores for $35/half-day or $50/day. Guests who present their room key at the store and sign the liability waiver can receive half-price on any bike rental. Our guests are permitted to keep the bikes overnight for day rentals. A valid credit card is required to rent the bikes. We encourage everyone to stay on the bike path, but guests can take bikes to Cades Cove if they have the proper racks and necessary equipment on Saturdays and Wednesdays only. A helmet is included in the bicycle rental. Please exercise caution when sharing paths with pedestrians and motorists. Dancing Bear is not responsible for accidents.
Dancing Bear is located in the woods, therefore Fireworks are prohibited at all times. No guests will be permitted to disturb the peaceful quiet of other guests; if you disrupt others, you will be asked to leave with no refund.
Noise travels easily at night, so in order to respect the peace and quiet of other guests on the property, all loud activities are to cease by 10 pm. Violators may be asked to leave without refund. Please enjoy your stay at Dancing Bear while respecting the serenity of your neighbors.
Still Have Questions?
Thank you in advance for abiding by the rules and policies set forth above. If you have a question you do not see addressed here, call us at 800-369-0111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.