Stories of the Smokies Giveaway Rules & Regulations
1. ELIGIBILITY: INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Void where prohibited. Persons in the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) employees and directors of Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies; (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”); (b) individuals or entities responsible for the development, printing, distribution and implementation of this promotion; and (c) persons who are employees of or members of the immediate family (parents, siblings, children & spouse) or household of any person in any of the preceding categories. By participating you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor/judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Anyone who has won a Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro contest, giveaway, or other promotion in the past six months is not eligible to win this promotion.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Entries will be accepted through 9/30/17. A contest winner will be selected from ALL submissions and announced on 10/2/2017.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Fill out the form on the contest page to enter the contest. Limit one entry per person. You may register and submit an entry using only one name and email address. In case of dispute, registration will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to sweepstakes entry services) are prohibited and will void all entries by that entrant. Entrants assume all risk of lost, late, incomplete, illegible, stolen, undelivered or misdirected entries/registrations. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER/PRIZE/ODDS: The winner will be randomly selected from all contest submissions on 10/2/2017. Prize: A one night stay for winner and 1 guest (Mon – Thurs) in a One Bedroom Deluxe Cabin at Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro. Based on availability. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Some exclusions apply. Blackout dates: 9/4/17; 9/5/17; 10/9/17; 11/23/17; 12/25/17. Winner is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. No prize substitutions, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize comparable in value in the event of prize unavailability. All federal, state and local taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility and liability of the prize winner. Prize may not be transferred, substituted, assigned or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. AWARD OF PRIZE: Potential winner will be notified on Facebook wall and by email. Potential winner must respond to email notification within 48 hours and provide mailing address, or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winning entrant cannot be contacted; is ineligible; is unwilling or unable to accept prize; if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these official rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries/registrations, or (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. If for any reason this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, is not executed as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, and select the winner based on registrations/entries received prior to the action or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed duplication method. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Tennessee having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participants’ actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro is sponsoring this promotion, not Facebook.